Monday, December 14, 2009

My Favourite Book of the Year 2009

I try to read as much as I can. I wouldn't call myself a voracious reader but I think reading is essential to life. The book I read the most every year is the Bible so it is excluded from contention. Most of the books I read are Christian literature. This year, my favourite has been a book I've only bought recently.

SPURGEON GOLD
compiled by Ray Comfort



This is a book of quotes by one of the finest preachers ever to walk this earth. Charles Haddon Spurgeon. Known as the Prince of Preachers. He was a British minister who lived in the 1800s.

In this book, Ray Comfort compiles nuggets of Spurgeon's wisdom specifically about evangelism. It is some of the most inspirational words I have ever read. When I lack zeal, I read this book and it fires me up.

Its almost like a book of quotes. I used to read CS Lewis quotes a lot. They would be packed with reason, wisdom and insight. Spurgeon's are packed with passion, zeal and inspiration. Any person serious about winning people to Christ has to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment